Friday, January 22, 2016

Breathe

I realized today that I catch myself holding my breath A LOT.
Teeth clench.
Almost in a trance.
Functioning fully, yet some where else completely.
Odd.

A little nerve wracking - okay maybe a little more than a little.

I seem to get sucked into my thoughts.
And to be honest, I've had A LOT to think about lately.

No anger.
No malice.
Just some big 'ol deep thoughts.

I find myself talking myself down.

"Take a deep breathe now, sweet stuff"
"This to shall pass"
"Will this matter tomorrow... next week... next year..."
"Let it go"

As I've said a million times emotions,
All that "feelings" mumbo jumbo, 
can try all they want to take over my conscientiousness -
but they never succeed.

Mind over matter.

Pure, simple truth.

Even.
If.
It's.
Scary.

Even if I don't want to believe it. 

Because I know that in the grande scheme of things, everything,
Literally everything,
Is meant to happen for a reason.

Our spirit knows exactly what that is,
And will never steer us wrong.

I have personally grown in leaps and bounds in the past few years.
I know it's worth it.

It's hard to remember all that sometimes though.
So hard to always remember.

That's okay, I promise!
It's the "human" curse. 
Try as we might,
It's inescapable.

So instead of fighting,
Fully release it.

Let it go.

Always realizing;
THIS TO SHALL PASS - the good AND the bad.
And the lesson will be learned even if it's months down the road.

Just remember to breathe through it all.

We got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment