Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Memories may leak out, but be grateful for them.

I cried for you today,
Wishing I could take away the pain I know you're feeling.

Wondering why suffering
Seems so necessary in this world,
And why, you'd have to carry this burden.

I don't get it.
I don't have the answers,
I wish I did.

I do know that you are beautiful.

I don't mean that in a shallow, physical sense, though you are that too.

What I mean is that when I look at you I see a light shinning.

A sparkle that will not dull, because
You are strong and will not allow it.

You have a strength that many do not achieve in  lifetime.

Though you have endured so much in your life,
You have handled it with admirable grace.

That's not to say you haven't had your moments of broken down disaster.
But through them you have adjusted and rose above.

There are lessons to be learned in everything.

Our souls know that, even when our humanness attempts to disagree.
That's the reason for all the conflict.
All the struggle.

I want you to know that I understand.
I am a listening ear.
I won't be able to take away your pain, but
I will be a solid friend that can help you withstand the ache.

I can tell you that with experience it will not go away.
It never does.
A piece is now missing from you, that can never be replaced.
However, I can also tell you that it does get easier.

Memories may leak out, but be grateful for them.

Live each day to the fullest, being the best person you can be.
Know that they are proud of you accomplishments and still obtain significant joy from you.

When someone leaves this earthly world, they are only gone in the human sense.
I know it's not the same, but it is the truth.
Always with us, though in reality that may bring little comfort in our mortal state.

You are here because the world needs your wisdom and strength.
Be proud of that.
Blessings and joy will always outweigh the troubles of the world.
Always look for them.
Know that you are loved beyond infinite measure.
Find sanctuary in that.
Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment