Sunday, September 8, 2013

Land-Owners

So the land has been purchased.  Completed.  Bought.  I still don't know if it was the right decision but the boys are excited.  We went there today to walk the perimeter and explore a little.  They were so happy.  Already pointing out exactly where they want "their" log fort to be and "claiming" their trees.  With 3 boys I think everything will always be an adventure... and a fight. 

They are planning out their next big thing.  Picturing in their heads exactly what they'd like the new house, yard and their bedrooms to look like.  I can't lie, I'm doing the same.  Just in my head there is still the doubt.  Now we have the land but I'm I just going to end up disappointing them (and me) again...

We were supposed to close on the land back in December 2012.  Here it is September 2013.  It was us holding off.  Not doubting the big commitment of land but doubting our marriage.  I do feel we had somewhat of a moral obligation to the land owner because we initiated the sale, but I still don't feel it was the best thing to do for us.

What's next?  There will be the big job of clearing the area for a house.  I'll have to speak to a couple banks to see what kind of builder's loan we can get.  Then comes the stressful house-building... if we get that far. 

See I am an optimist - I want things to work out - but I'm also not someone who can wait forever.  I know that I can do-have-get what ever I need or want, I'm just that kind of person, but I'm a little confused right now as to what those are right now.  It sucks when all you get is "I'm trying..."





No comments:

Post a Comment