Thursday, August 22, 2013

Going with the Flow

One thing I've learned in the past few months is that letting go can be painful, but fighting the pain and negativity is so much more painful than just releasing yourself to the flow of life. It's so silly that we humans continually fight the things we can not change.  It's easier said then done, but your life is your story to write and no one else can make your ending.

I remember being in labor the first time, the seemingly spine-shattering contractions that wreaked my body. I remember all my muscles tensing up to confront these pains that no one should ever feel. I struggled against the spasms that felt so much like death, even though I knew they would bring life. That was when it hit me. To breathe, to relax, to go with the flow of what was coming whether I was ready for it or not. My reaction to the contractions would not make them stop.  I could tense up and fight them or relax and let my body do what it was made to do.  A peace came over me and I felt the pain subsiding. It didn't disappear; it just now had a greater purpose, and as I consciously pictured in my mind the job my body was destined to do, the pain became manageable. It was there, but because I accepted it and relaxed into it, it was no longer so bad.  It was only pain, it had a purpose, and it would pass. 

I've been thinking a lot about destiny lately.  I do believe that our spirits have chosen a life path.  That everything in life has a purpose.  Lessons to learn.  That our spirits knew what knowledge we needed before we even came to live this human life.  Because of this I'm learning to let go and go with the flow.  I don't want to fight any more.  I want to accept my destiny and live my life to the fullest.  I want to relax and know that everything will fall into place, exactly as it was meant to be.  Life can throw some pretty strong labor contractions at us, but no matter how painful they get, if we look forward to the new life being created by them there is light at the end of the tunnel.  The lesson your spirit meant you to learn so that you will be a stronger, better person.  New.



Own the pain and accept it, when you avoid it you only delay the healing.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly what I needed today... Some times it's really hard but letting go is really the only option. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete