Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Challenge

I have a challenge:  In every situation, whether it's a fight with my husband, a show-down with a son, or deciding if I really want to eat another cupcake; I'm asking myself:

What is my goal?

Then fixed on my goal, I'll ask:

Is what I'm about to do going to lead me closer to or farther away from my goal?

If the answer to the above question is no - BRAKES!  STOP! 

I want to make a choice right then and there to change what I planned on doing to a new plan, a plan that will take me closer to my goal, not farther away.

This self reflection can help with any situation I'm dealt in life.  It might not be easy but it's worth it.  The decision to be better, to be happier, to be all I was meant to be is mine alone. 

I'm starting today, it can only make my life improve and that's my overall aim.

No comments:

Post a Comment