Friday, June 21, 2013

Thank You

As we walk into my sister's house we are greeted by my little smoosh with  a bigger grin than anything you could imagine.  On excited little legs he runs to each of us with a smile and a hug, complete with pats on the back and overflowing excitement.  Chattering indecipherable words trying to share all his joy.  Is there any other reason to be alive?

The water is freezing, but the sunlight reflecting on the cascading waterfall is to tempting.  The water sprays down on the boys as they wade slowly but determined into the cold water.  The giggling laughter from my children as they splash and play is contagious.  Seeing them so happy.  Is there any other reason to be alive?

E is on the trampoline.  "Look at this Mom!"  he calls.  I glance out the window as he back handsprings and lands feet planted! "I saw this on Star Wars" he says  "I thought I could do it."  As if its the most normal thing in the world to decide you can do handsprings and automatically you can.  His joy leads me to throw off my shoes and join him.  Soon C and J are there with us.  Impromptu "Simon Says".  We play for over an hour, laughing and just being.  Is there any other reason to be alive?

These are the moments that make my life worth living.  Despite any hardships in my life I'm more blessed than not.  More happy than sad.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.


 
 

2 comments: