Thursday, June 13, 2013

Quiet Prayers

This one might be a little hard to write.  I don't usually open up about things like this because they are so internal for me, I know how powerful joining your prayers with another can be - but this morning when one of my best friends in the entire world called to pray with me I felt like I had been tripped.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I'm not at all against prayer.  I grew up in it.  More bible studies and religious people then I can count.  Watching that, seeing how crazy or hypocritical some Christians can be, I decided I never wanted to be that way and unintentionally I tucked that part of myself deep inside, even the good parts.

I pray all the time, constantly throughout the day.  I speak words of blessings/healing/safety all over my family, my friends, my home. There are power in word.  I just never realized how hard it would be for me to share that with another person, to speak those words out-loud.  To show so much of my inner self.  To be "naked" of sorts. 

I chose a long time ago not to define myself by a religion.  To make sure I was never viewed as a hypocrite, never a "Sunday Christian".  I believe in God, I believe there is so much more to this life than what we see.  Spirituality is all around us and in everything.  My very favorite place to see God is in the sparkling eyes of a child.  You can hear God in their laughter.  They are so innocent, so full of the simple pleasures, so free.

When I pray it's more than words.  I usually visualize it.  I close my eyes and see what I'm asking for.  I surround my children in a "bubble of protection" and have every night since they were born.  But I find it is the hardest thing for me to let anyone besides my children hear me...  Maybe someday I'll learn how to share that quiet part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment